What is it?
Rehabilitation as a reparation measure consists of a set of strategies, plans, programs and actions of a legal, medical, psychological and social nature, aimed at restoring the physical and psychosocial conditions of the victims.
How does it materialize?
The Victims Unit, in accordance with the powers granted in Law 1448 of 2011, Decree 4800 of 2012, and the National Development Plan 2014-2018, performs the following actions, strategies and projects aimed at performing rehabilitation as a repair measure.
- Actions for incorporation, by SNARIV entities, according to their competences, of the Psychosocial Approach Guidelines, designed by the Unit for Victims, in compliance with article 163 of Decree 4800 of 2011, with the objective of providing guidelines for the materialization of the psychosocial approach from an integral reparation perspective in the programs, actions, plans for the attention, assistance and reparation of victims. The following document was published as support material for these guidelines: Elements for the incorporation of the Psychosocial Approach in Attention, Assistance and Reparation to Victims, with the support of IOM. This document is attached.
- The Unit for the victims has continued the implementation of the Emotional Recovery Strategy at group level, which began in 2012, which, within the framework of the current National Development Plan, has been included as a complementary measure of the PAPSIVI, in the framework of rehabilitation measures.
This strategy is a reflective and supportive space, which is developed through group meetings in which the victims will be able to share their feelings, beliefs and experiences, constructing a scenario where they seek to allow emotional well-being. This is how in group meetings, the person who has experienced acts of violence can recognize that she is not alone in her damage, like her, there are many people who have managed to face suffering, re-building their life project and improving each day the relationships with others.
The history of the implementation process has allowed us to strengthen the technical protocols, and build them, considering the differences in the course of life. Currently there is a technical protocol for Adults, one for Adolescents and Youth, and one for boys and girls between 6 and 12 years. This has allowed us to reach more survivors of the conflict, who have expressed their desire to receive psychosocial attention.
- In addition, as of 2015, the Victim's Unit implements an Individual component of the Emotional Recovery Strategy, which has been designed with the purpose of providing individual psychosocial support to the victims of the armed conflict who attend the Regional Care Centers a Victims - from now on CRAV-.
In order to access this offer, victims can directly approach any of the 20 CRAVs throughout the country or inform the PAARI about their interest in receiving individual psychosocial care.
- Strategy "Community is art, library and culture: scenarios for peace", led by the Ministry of Culture in association with the Victims Unit, and the National Agency for Overcoming Extreme Poverty, ANSPE, aims to contribute with the integral reparation and strengthening of the social network of the beneficiary communities of the 100,000 priority housing, VIP, as well as the families of the surrounding neighborhoods. The project works from the development of socio-cultural days, which consists of a set of weekly collective meetings of a creative and collaborative nature, where the departmental teams work hand in hand with the communities in all stages of the process (conception, construction, realization and socialization), making visible and integrating the knowledge and local capacities in each one of the actions, from different exercises of encounter and exchange. With this strategy will benefit thirty thousand families with the delivery of the Basic Family Library Read is my story among those who are victims of armed conflict, victims of natural disasters and / or families who are in extreme poverty, and ten thousand people who will participate in the sociocultural seminars that will be held in 2015, in each of the 55 prioritized housing units, in 16 departments of the country.
- Strategy "Reconstruction of Social Network with Gender Equity in Returned Rural Communities" that is implemented at Casa de la Mujer