¿ What is it?
The Accompaniment Program for the Adequate Investment of Resources was created based on the legal mandate set forth in article 134 of Law 1448 and seeks that the economic reparation measures positively impact the victims and result in an improvement of their life conditions, through the creation of projects or investment plans that point to the transformation of their reality. Actions have been taken to include differential approaches within the Program.
To facilitate this process, the Accompaniment Program is divided into three components:
- Advice and guidance for an adequate investment of resources
- Connection of victims with the offer
- Investment follow-up
1. Advice and guidance for an adequate investment of resources
This component seeks to provide victims with tools and knowledge that allow them to generate skills for proper administration and investment of money specifically, that they received as compensation. It also provides information to victims about the right to reparation and, specifically, about the nature and purpose of compensation. For this, three types of actions are developed:
- Financial education and life project workshops: Financial Education workshops are training spaces where victims are expected to acquire information and basic skills in topics such as budget, savings, debt and insurance, this information will be very useful for the effective administration of compensation.
- Consultancy workshops by investment line: Workshops are training spaces, where victims are expected to receive basic information about the investment line of the Accompaniment Program and to give them the possibility to focus their investment desire and land it to reality. of their environment, possibilities and desires for decision making.
- Awareness talks for the adequate investment of compensation - financial closure: It is an information space that seeks to motivate and promote the victims an adequate use of resources through the acquisition of goods and services aimed at transforming their life project. The contents are general and refer to compensation, its characteristics, its free destination and investment opportunities.
2. Connection of victims with the offer
This component seeks to strengthen the portfolio of affordable investment options for victims, based on articulation with the existing institutional offer or through the expansion and flexibilization of the same.
Investment opportunities are generated in four (4) lines, according to article 134 of Law 1448 of 2011. These are:
- Acquisition or improvement of new or used housing: This line seeks victims to own or improve their home, through the investment of resources received as compensation, added to existing resources.
- Creation or strengthening of productive companies or productive assets: This line seeks to provide assistance, advice and support to victims interested in investing (totally or partially) their administrative compensation, in a business idea or the strengthening of a productive enterprise that allows them to generate income in an adequate and sustainable manner.
- Technical or professional training for the victims or their children: This line seeks the implementation of projects that allow victims, their daughters or sons, to access, stay and graduate in technical, technological or professional education programs.
- Acquisition of rural properties: This line seeks victims to own a plot or farm, advising them on the existing options, how to acquire the property and the credit lines they can access, if necessary.
- Integral Services Fairs: It is a space that seeks to present the institutional offer to the victims of the armed conflict within the framework of a comprehensive reparation process. It is materialized through the participation of national, departmental, municipal, private and international cooperation entities, given that victims will have access to an offer of programs, projects and services that meet the needs identified in the PAARI.
3. Evaluation and monitoring of investment
The accompaniment process includes actions to verify access to the offer, supervision of the processes implemented in the territory and evaluation of the final impact of the program, within the framework of the advice and accompaniment provided to the victims who participate in any of the strategies of the Program of Accompaniment.
In addition to the activities in the three aforementioned components, the Accompaniment Program seeks to guarantee victims effective access to the following reparation mechanisms:
- BANCÓLDEX credit line: Preferential rate for victims with productive business or company in the sectors of industry, commerce and services, except for the agricultural sector. The victims of the armed conflict will be able to obtain financing for their companies at a favorable interest rate, the former in order to restore their productive capacity. For this purpose, the victims must approach the financial institutions of their preference (banks, financial cooperatives or financing companies) and apply for a loan under the conditions of the BANCÓLDEX victims quota. The granting of credits is an exclusive decision of the financial institution and is subject to the ability to pay, the state of the company and the financial behavior of the victim. For more information visit www.bancoldex.com
- FINAGRO credit line: Preferential rate for victims who develop activities in the agricultural sector With this line of credit victims can finance all the activities necessary to carry out productive projects related to the agricultural sector and / or fishing as well as projects associated with mining, rural tourism and crafts. To access these loans, it is necessary that the victim has a profitable productive project in mind, after that he must approach the Bank or Financial Cooperative of his preference and apply for a loan under FINAGRO conditions stating his condition as a victim of the internal armed conflict. The granting of the credit is the exclusive decision of the Bank or Financial Cooperative in response to the requirements it requires. For more information visit www.finagro.com.co/productos-y-servicios/programas-especiales/
- Credit repair measures: Advise on financial measures regarding loans granted to victims who, as a result of the victimizing events, have become delinquent or have been subject to refinancing, restructuring or consolidation, in accordance with the regulations issued by the Financial Superintendence. In the development of this measure, the credits granted to the victims that, as a consequence of the victimizing events, have entered into default or have been subject to refinancing, restructuring or consolidation, will be classified in a special risk category in accordance with the regulations issued by the Superintendence. Financial This category implies that the credits retain the qualification they had at the time of the victimizing event and with this the credit history of the victim is not affected by events beyond their control. Likewise, with this category, credit institutions may not charge interest derived from the breach, from the occurrence of the victimizing event up to one (1) year after being included in the Victims' Unique Registry - RUV. Finally, financial institutions must promote the conclusion of a payment agreement in conditions of financial viability for the debtor. For more information visit www.superfinanciera.gov.co